- A small, flat area of grass between and behind a couple of houses.
- It borders a paddock on one side.
- Of local interest only.
- Parking on the road or on the grass.
- No facilities of any kind.
Table of Contents
Access for wheelchairs, and pushchairs
- Easy access to the area by the road, and beside the fence for the area behind the nearby houses.
- Rubbish bin: no.
- Toilets: no.
- Seats: no.
- Lighting at night: no.
Cliff Gaskin Reserve is a small area of grass in an L-shape. It lies between houses which are mainly, but not completely fenced, and a paddock through a standard 4 wire fence. A small drainage ditch runs between the rear area and the paddock fence.
There are blackberry and other bushes along one side at the back.
The end part of the Reserve seems to be used by locals for storage of vehicles, vehicle parts and other stuff.
This park is around 4 or 5 Km from the turn-off at Karori. It may be handy for those visiting the area for other reasons.
This is area #51 on the City Council map: Cliff Gaskin Reserve 89Kb PDF).
Makara Road, Makara Village.
- Water: maybe in the drainage ditch in wet weather.
- Out in the country.
- Not far from the road.
- Possum and rat poison are widely used in the whole region and may be present.
- Many dogs could easily get through the fence to the paddocks.
- Any dogs could easily stray into neighbouring properties that don’t keep their gate closed.
- There may be dangers in the vehicles and other items stored in the reserve.
Off Makara Road.
See page 2 of this post for a photo album.
Location (see the map)
- Latitude: -41.264080
- Longitude: 174.710228